Associate General Counsel, Labor & Employment – Cross-Functional Teams
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented attorney to join as an Associate General Counsel, Labor & Employment in our Employment Law Group. The position will report to the Director & Associate General Counsel responsible for all cross-functional employment law support, and will advise on a wide range of employment law-related issues.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to key partners in Human Resources including the Contingent Workforce, Compensation, and HR Operations teams, as well as other cross-functional stakeholders, regarding contingent workforce matters, academic collaborations, compensation programs, wage and hour issues, pay equity analyses, payroll compliance, leaves of absence and accommodations, crowdsourcing, learning and development, training programs, conflicts of interest, and other substantive employment law areas.
- Monitor legislation, regulations, case law, and government enforcement activities relating to the above substantive legal areas, and provide proactive, strategic advice to the Employment Law Group and relevant stakeholders.
- Manage employment law-related projects, including privileged internal audits and processes reviews, new policy creation and implementation, and creation and delivery of training programs.
- Draft and edit employment-related documents and processes.
- Manage and/or provide support on pre-litigation and litigation matters relating to the above substantive legal areas.
- Being flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary to connect with colleagues in LATAM, APAC, and EMEA.
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 8+ years of experience in labor and employment law
- In-house legal department experience
- Experience with counseling on, or litigation related to, California and/or federal wage and hour laws, contingent workforce, leaves of absence, and reasonable accommodation issues
Back to top