Associate General Counsel, Labor & Employment â€" Employee Benefits
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented ERISA attorney to join as an Associate General Counsel, Labor & Employment in our Employment Law Group. The position will report to the Director & Associate General Counsel responsible for all cross-functional employment law support, and will advise on a wide range of employee benefits issues.
- Advise on the design, implementation, and administration of Facebookâ€™s U.S. employee benefits plans, including: Section 125 cafeteria plans, tax-qualified retirement plans, health plans, and various welfare and fringe benefits plans (e.g., short and long-term disability - including California Voluntary Disability Plans - life insurance, survivor benefits, voluntary benefits, wellness, etc.).
- Draft and maintain applicable plan documents, plan amendments, and summary plan descriptions.
- Negotiate and draft contracts with third-party administrators and benefit service providers.
- Provide legal advice and counsel relating to compliance with applicable state and federal retirement and health and welfare laws and regulations such as ERISA, state and federal tax, HIPAA, and ACA.
- Provide legal counsel to fiduciary committees established to administer Facebookâ€™s U.S. employee benefits plans.
- Monitor legislation, regulations, case law, and government enforcement activities related to the above substantive legal areas, and provide proactive strategic advice to the Employment Law Group and relevant stakeholders.
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 10+ years of ERISA, employee benefits, and health and welfare experience
- In-house legal department experience
- Experience with counseling on, or litigation related to, OSHA, FMLA, and/or ADA
- Negotiation and legal drafting experience
Back to top