Associate General Counsel, IP Litigation
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented IP Litigator to join the Legal department's IP Litigation team. The position will report to our Director and Associate General Counsel, IP Litigation and is a full-time position located in our Menlo Park office. You must have the ability to operate independently and work proactively with various teams across the organization including Legal, Product and Engineering. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Manage and drive strategy for multiple IP litigations - including cases involving patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets - from start to finish
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsel
- Advise the company on IP litigation related issues
- Coordinate and actively participate in internal discovery activities
- Work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar
- 8+ years of IP litigation experience from a law firm and/or in-house
- Technical background or relevant experience
- Experience managing IP litigations
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Previous experience with web-based technologies and/or consumer hardware
- Trial experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top