Associate General Counsel, Commercial
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a talented and highly-motivated transactional lawyer to serve as Associate General Counsel supporting its digital media acquisition and licensing initiatives. You will work with Partnerships content teams to structure, draft and negotiate acquisition and licensing agreements with producers and distributors of a wide range of entertainment content for Facebookâ€™s video service. You will also advise clients on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions and business operations. This is a full-time position.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Facebook's entertainment partnerships, video and other platform teams
- Provide strategic business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key media partners
- Manage and resolve legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Travel, domestic and international, is required
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 8+ years of legal experience, including prior in-house experience with media, internet or technology companies
- Experience drafting and negotiating technology and content acquisition, licensing and distribution agreements
- Knowledge of the media landscape, including OTT platform distribution trends and business models
- Experience working independently, making decisions that have both legal and business impact, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in a top national or international law firm
- Experience providing counsel to internet companies with video products and services offered to consumers
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think creatively and be solution-oriented
Back to top