Associate General Counsel
(Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook LATAM Litigation Team is growing and seeks a talented, flexible and highly motivated team player to serve as Associate General Counsel, Argentina. You'll be providing support on a broad range of legal matters in Argentina and across Spanish LATAM, including civil, commercial and electoral litigation and related regulatory matters. Diligent and proactive, you are expected to bring solid legal experience, strategic thinking, people management skills and business judgment, along with the ability to distill and prioritize complex legal issues in a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position, based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, reporting to the International Associate General Counsel - LATAM.
- Provide management support and oversee litigation portfolio across Spanish LATAM, including pre-litigation matters, related regulatory matters and other legal matters as necessary
- Oversee external legal counsel, review preliminary advice, litigation strategy and court briefs, providing internal recommendations and working collaboratively with the LATAM and Global Legal Teams
- Actively collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Policy, Communications, Sales and Partnerships Teams, and participate in related projects as directed
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of litigation strategies, internal processes, projects and tools in Spanish Latam
- Degree in Law
- 10+ years of experience as a qualified lawyer at a top tier law firm in Argentina
- Ability to provide practical and effective advice in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage several simultaneous legal matters under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Open to travel regularly both inside LATAM and to U.S. (Menlo Park)
- Fluent English
- Fluent Spanish
- Post-graduate degree in procedural, consumer or internet laws and/or LL.M as a plus
- Prior legal experience with internet or technology companies as a plus
- In-house counsel experience in a multinational company a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top