Assessment Science Partner, People Analytics
(Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
At Facebook we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 1 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset – our people. For instance, we use data to understand how to hire top talent, to ensure our people are engaged, and to support diversity.
We're looking for an experienced people research scientist-practitioner to join our people analytics function to support our employee hiring process. This is a strategic and hands-on role that will require you to provide change management and project leadership while understanding the details for how our stakeholders and, most importantly, our candidates experience. You'll help create an assessment strategy for Facebook to help make an exceptional workplace even better. The ideal candidate must be skilled in delivering complex global projects, especially in applying technology to HR.
This is a full-time role based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Help shape a strategy and roadmap for Facebook's new hire assessment programs, looking to build and iterate on existing programs while incorporating best practices
- Develop and innovate on new approaches to assess for effective interview skills, new pre-hire test assessment design, validation, and implementation
- Develop quick turn-around, practical recommendations based on data and research to inform strategic decisions in a fast moving environment
- Bring together leading practices, Facebook-specific data and outside research to help leaders understand the latest in assessment science.
- Guide job analysis and validation efforts to ensure our assessment processes are linked to job requirements
- Collaborate with the Employment Law team
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audience
- Collaborate with and mentor other team members
- Maintain a superior knowledge of current market research, as well as, new tools and technology to provide continuous improvement
- MS/PhD in a field emphasizing people research in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Psychometrics, Experimental, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience leading cross-functional projects and managing company-wide programs in the assessment space in an organization or consulting environment, specifically working with key stakeholders to understand and clarify their research needs, and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- 7+ years of experience conducting psychometric research including test design and construction (e.g., PCA, confirmatory factor analysis, etc.), assessment validation in all its forms (e.g., content-validation, criterion-related validation, etc.) and experience in multivariate statistics
- User of Microsoft Excel with experience in relevant statistical software (R, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience providing direct consultation to senior leaders.
- Experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as R or Python
- 7+ years working internally (as opposed to consulting) in an organization with 500+ professional employees (e.g., high-tech, financial services, healthcare, biotech, etc.)
- Experience conceiving, developing, running pilot tests, implementing, and continuously improving large-scale people processes
- Experience in organizational survey design and execution
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top