Assessment Science Analyst, People Analytics
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
At Facebook we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 2 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset â€" our people. For instance, we use data to understand how to hire top talent, to ensure our people are engaged, and to support diversity.
Weâ€™re looking for an Assessment Science Analyst, People Analytics to join our people analytics function to support our employee hiring process. Youâ€™ll help execute the talent assessment and selection strategy for Facebook to help make an exceptional workplace even better. The ideal candidate must be skilled in delivering complex global projects.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY or Menlo Park, CA.
- Design, validate and implement selection tools, including the development of new assessments.
- Develop evidence-based practical recommendations to inform strategic decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and innovate on new approaches to enhance interview skills and candidate experiences.
- Serve as subject matter expert on cross-functional selection and assessment projects and processes.
- Guide job analysis program, including managing vendor relationships and partnering with project managers.
- Conduct and advise on data analyses, such as regressions, factor analyses, t-tests, ANOVAs, item-level analyses.
- Integrate leading practices, Facebook-specific data, and outside research to help leaders understand the latest in assessment science.
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data.
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with the Employment Law team.
- MS/PhD in a field emphasizing people research in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Psychometrics, Experimental, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience leading cross-functional projects and managing company-wide programs in the assessment space in an organization or consulting environment specifically working with key stakeholders to understand and clarify their research needs, and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
- 2+ years of experience developing and deploying psychometric assessments including test design and construction and assessment validation (e.g., content-validation, criterion-related validation)
- Experience conducting multivariate statistical analyses
- Experience conducting statistical analyses on organizational data (Excel, R, SPSS)
- Experience providing direct consultation to leaders
- 5+ years experience working internally (as opposed to consulting) in an organization with 500+ professional employees (e.g., high-tech, financial services, healthcare, biotech)
- Experience designing, piloting, implementing, and continuously improving large-scale people processes
- Experience developing and implementing assessments for professional or technical roles
- Experience manipulating and analyzingâ€"using tools such as R or Pythonâ€"both structured and unstructured data
- Organizational experience using principal components analysis (PCA) and confirmatory factor analysis (CFA)
- Experience in organizational survey design and execution
Back to top