As an AR/VR Prototyper on the Facebook Reality Labs team, you will be working on the cutting edge of Augmented Reality experiences. With our Research Team, you will explore, prototype, and build experiences that define the future of how people interact in AR. You love solving novel problems from first principles. Join a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including optics, haptics, tracking, displays, computer vision, user experience, audio, and perceptual psychology. Work alongside expert Interaction Designers, Scientists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers to create the technology that makes AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
You'll be responsible for researching, designing and prototyping interactions for AR. You'll work closely with designers, engineers, and researchers at Oculus Research. This position is full-time and based in Redmond.
AR/VR PROTOTYPER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate to build internal prototyping toolsets and processes
- Define and synthesize user requirements
- Help establish prototyping processes to align cross-functional teams
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with engineering and research teams
- Work with user research to user test and iterate on the prototypes
- Give and solicit feedback from others to raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads
- Clearly articulate prototyping decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- 5+ years of Prototyping or Game Development experience and the proven ability to lead in cross-functional environments
- 2+ years experience shipping 3D software products with Unity, including working with 3D assets and tools
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research
- Portfolio featuring examples of interactive prototype work
- Experience with building prototypes in short time frames
- Experience with WebGL, Unreal Engine, or other 3D prototyping tools
- Experience working with researcher scientists
- Experience with hardware prototyping (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beagleboard)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top