AR/VR MBA Intern, Integration Engineering (MBA/MS University Student)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Part of Facebook Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative interns with a passion for product development, specifically in the area of manufacturing and supply chain logistics.
The Integration Engineering team for AR/VR hardware is seeking amazing interns for 2019. The focus of this internship is to put some rigor around planning for a very complex supply chain for augmented reality systems. You'll have the unique opportunity to work with the best-in-class researchers and engineers who are defining the future of these systems, as well as doing external research to discover industry best-practices.
This internship is sixteen (16) to twenty-four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Evaluate current manufacturing process flow and analyze risks for supply chain logistics
- Collaboration with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, and researchers across various disciplines (mechanical, electrical, optical, materials science)
- Map out supply chain with associated risks, areas of exploration, and mitigation strategies
- Communication of internship agenda, progress and results.
- Pursuing a Master's or MBA degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain logistics or a related field.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2019
- 5+ years in Product Design, Manufacturing, or Supply Chain Logistics
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Experience in Risk Analysis
Back to top