AR\/VR Graphics Engineer
As an AR/VR Graphics Engineer for one of our LA teams, you'll analyze system utilization across the entire Oculus content ecosystem and develop technology to improve it, enabling unprecedented levels of VR realism and responsiveness. You will help VR developers efficiently make industry-defining applications. These roles are ideal for someone passionate about AR/VR, graphics/systems programming and optimization, especially with UE4/Unity or in-house AAA game engine development.
AR/VR GRAPHICS ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools to maximize graphics quality and performance.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and artists to deliver the best graphics solutions.
- Drive the optimization of performance and quality for game engines, SDKs, and runtimes.
- Document and support graphics features.
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to deliver innovative AR/VR products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field.
- 3+ years experience in 3D math and 3D graphics with OpenGL, DirectX or Vulkan.
- 3+ years of object-oriented and component based design experience.
- 3+ years of experience with C/C++ programming.
- Knowledge of ray tracing, rasterization and linear algebra.
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, Go, Gear VR, etc.), AR, MR, or AI.
- Knowledge of Android development, especially in graphics and performance.
- Knowledge of image processing and computer vision techniques.
- 3+ years experience in core game engine development.
- Experience implementing advanced 3D graphics features such as lighting, effects, shaders and other low-level systems.
- Experience delivering AAA Games.
- Experience with mobile CPU/GPU optimization.
- Experience with tools such as Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3Ds Max, Arnold, RenderMan, or Cycles.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top