Art Manager, Avatars, Facebook Reality Labs
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a part of that mission, we are pioneering the future of social virtual reality applications, and we need wonderful 3D art. Come join small teams creating genuinely new experiences within virtual reality. Join us in creating the future!As an Art Manager within the Reality Labs Experiences team, you will help define how people, environments and engagements are represented in the VR experience and beyond. You will work cross-functionally with a team of passionate engineers, artists, designers and PMs to advance bringing our audience together in this new immersive means of interacting.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a multidisciplinary team of art leads and artists who are chartered with defining the visual targets and the execution of art assets for the variety of projects within the Reality Labs Avatar team
- Recruit and hire talented contributors
- Establish review processes within the team and key stakeholders
- Engage with PMs, Designers and Engineer & Art Leads to define the art pipelines and components, scope and goals for key features within our various projects
- Connect, build relationships, and collaborate with cross functional teams to understand business needs and drive mutual vision and goals
- Effectively influence leaders and key partners to gain alignment
- 3+ years of art management and leadership experience in 3D character pipeline
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing character art pipelines and contributors from leadership to potential external sources
- Demonstrated experience managing the development, maintenance and documentation of character art pipelines
- Proven communication, presentation and diplomatic skills
- Experience with production toolsets and knowledge of 3D Art Tools (e.g. Shotgun, Jira, Trello, Pshop, Maya, Modo other
- Knowledge for empowering teams to produce results
- 5+ years of experience in 3D immersive software development - games & VR experience.
Back to top