Art Director - Social VR
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's mission is to make the world more open and connected. As a part of that mission, we are pioneering the future of social virtual reality applications, and we need a 3D art lead to help drive the vision of social VR. This is a rare opportunity to use your artistic talent to help define the look and feel of this medium for a vast audience of future participants. Join us in creating the future!
- Work with a small team to conceptualize new experiences
- Create, direct, and modify production artwork for social VR
- Use industry standard and proprietary tools to create content
- Manage outsourced art partners
- Manage and build a small team of artists as necessary
- Partner with product managers, engineers, user researchers, and designers to see our projects through from concept to ship and beyond
- Strong 3D art modeling skills with an emphasis on character modeling
- Ability to define and drive varied art styles, from realistic to caricature to abstract
- Technical skills – understand the underlying technology and tools necessary to make art for virtual reality
- Broad familiarity with modern 3D graphics art production – rigging, animation, modeling, hard surface, environments, shaders, etc.
- Familiarity with standard game engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with industry standard art tools such as Maya
- Portfolio demonstrating a keen interest in games and/or VR
- 5+ years industry experience in games, film, or other interactive media
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top