Art Director - Messenger
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an Art Director to join The Collective—a new team focused on shipping best-in-class creative expressions and communications within the Facebook app. This person will be responsible for contributing to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with an external global audience. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented visual designer with a concept-driven approach who understands how form influences function, and is constantly striving for simplicity. This person is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled in working with a team of visual artists to deliver great work. They should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums.This position is full-time and based in Seattle, WA.
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of product experiences
- Works in collaboration with product teams to absorb knowledge, define opportunities, and develop concepts and treatments to bring ideas to life
- Works closely with the Creative Director and Content Strategist to implement a cohesive visual style, voice, and tone
- Delivers compelling visuals in various styles/mediums: illustration, photography, video, animation or other media (as appropriate)
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex, sometimes abstract, concepts clearly and persuasively
- Delivers content that's delightful, beautiful, and clear and with a high level of finish and polish
- Seek out creative opportunities to improve on existing style and approach
- 2+ years experience as Art Director at a creative agency or an in-house team
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant work (Include link on your resume)
- Work demonstrates design excellence
- Experience coordinating, directing, and guiding the work of other designers
- Ability to take design feedback and incorporate it quickly
- Demonstrated ability to create quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of design principles related to branding, marketing, and publishing with understanding of UX design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography
- Expertise in animation
- Experience designing youth focused brands or products
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top