Art & Design Intern, Social VR
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Social VR team is responsible for exploring the potential of virtual reality’s role in social media. We are designing new ways for Facebook users to create, share and interact using the unique qualities of this immediate and immersive new medium. We are looking for an Art/Design, Intern to join the team. In VR, interaction and interface are often embedded directly in the objects and scene. Art and Design are inextricably linked. You will develop an understanding of audience needs and platform capabilities as we create fully immersive 3D experiences.We want individuals who have a strong sense of style in support of context and a strong point of view on design. When you decide to make something, you see your vision from concept to launch without a lot of hand-holding.
- Create art that realizes the context and interactions of a concept
- Collaborate and contribute with designers, product managers and engineers
- Quickly deliver prototypes of style and engagement for concepts
- Deliver art assets and engage with engineers to fully implement interactive features
- Must have portfolio link on resume
- Portfolio demonstrating a keen interest in games or 3D experiences
- Experience with industry standard 3D art tools
- Strong 3D art modeling skills
- Ability to deliver varied art styles, from realistic to caricature to abstract
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree or equivalent in a design related field
- Pursuing a MA/MS degree or equivalent in a design related field
- Graduation dates of 2018, 2019, or 2020
- Prior collaborative work on 3D experiences – including school projects, personal projects
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top