Architect, Data Center Strategic Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Architect experienced in the design and planning of mission critical facilities to become part of our Data Center Strategic Engineering team. The successful candidate will possess strong knowledge in architectural design, site planning, cooling and electrical systems and project delivery processes needed to support our growing fleet of data centers.The Facebook Data Center Strategic Engineering team leads the exploration of means and methods which create a strategic benefit in efficiency, reduced material/energy use, and integrating these into the design and planning of Facebook's data center buildings and campuses. Our team endeavors to advance the state of Facebook data centers by guiding Infrastructure development through strategic and innovative solutions. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Lead the Strategic Engineering team support of the Site Selection team on assigned site due diligence and master planning projects.
- Lead updates to the design standards and specifications to support consistency and internal stakeholder alignment. Research new designs, materials and construction methods for data center deployments
- Balance short-term priorities while understanding and tracking industry standards and emerging trends to drive long-term strategy. This may include performing research and developing analysis on new technologies and alternate materials, building models of cost and environmental impact, implementing pilots of new approaches, and presenting recommendations.
- Communicate and collaborate with key leaders and stakeholders across Infra Data Center teams to share, develop and execute on Facebook's data center design/deployment strategies to meet the company's growing fleet of international and domestic data centers
- BA in Architecture or a BS in Engineering (Civil, Structural)
- 8+ years of professional experience in data center design, construction, operations, and maintenance or similar experience in mission critical and/or technical facility projects
- Knowledge and experience with design and construction program management process
- Experience with site selection due diligence and master planning of large scale data center campus (or other large scale campus style projects)
- Organization and communication skills with ability to distill and communicate technical details to all organizational levels
- Professional registration
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top