Architect, Data Center Design
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Architect experienced in the design of Critical Facilities to become part of our data center engineering team. Our datacenters are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the “right” way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. The data center design engineering team approaches facility design from the chips on the server boards to the facility mechanical and electrical distribution systems which ensure and maximize efficiency of our compute infrastructure. This position is full-time and located in our Dublin office.
- Collaborate with internal stake-holders to define project design criteria and develop Basis of Design
- Technical leader managing the consultants to implement the project through schematic design, design development to construction documents
- Technical leader managing the design build contractor to ensure the project meet the business and technical needs defined in the BOD
- Provide construction administrative support to the project manager during construction. Task include but not limited to, responding to RFI’s, issuance of technical bulletins, review submittals and shop-drawings and conducting source inspections at vendor factories
- Provide review services to local data center operations teams
- Travel to datacenter sites for project review and site walks as required
- Review and update data center “as-built” documentation as re-configurations occur
- Respond on an as-needed basis to emergencies
- Licensed architect and having been an owner’s representative is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of professional architectural experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in mission critical facility design, construction. Operations, and maintenance is a plus.
- Must hold good working knowledge of mission critical power distribution, UPS, PDU, and Mechanical systems and data systems
- Should possess knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards
- Must have strong cross-discipline knowledge of complete critical facility systems
- Strong trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Ability to provide solutions to complex projects under pressure
- Must have effective written and verbal communications skills
- Must be familiar with AutoCAD, Visio, and BIM software
- Experience with oversees projects a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top