Applied Scientist – AR Audio Algorithms
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is inventing the future of augmented reality - the natural technological evolution of mobile computing. We believe that a key component of this mission is to improve and enhance human hearing and audio sensing. We are looking for passionate and articulate technologists, who love jumping in to solve novel problems, and enjoy working with talented interdisciplinary teams. The core responsibilities of this role requires a background in real time audio algorithm design, tuning/integration, and experience with acoustic systems.
- Contributing member to projects from concept to product.
- Develop novel algorithms and signal processing techniques, measure acoustic performance, carry out analysis.
- Collaborate closely with both the research and product team to deploy new technologies including augmenting algorithms to make them robust to shipping scenarios.
- Strong collaboration with the interdisciplinary audio team, providing creative solutions to challenging problems.
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience with development of audio signal processing-related algorithms (classical and machine learned).
- 3+ years experience with scientific programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, C++, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in shipping high quality products using innovative audio technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with real-time audio.
- 3+ years of experience integrating, debugging, and shipping audio algorithms and technologies.
- Expertise in audio signal processing and auditory perception, both classical and machine learned techniques.
- Proven track record of innovation as demonstrated by products shipped, publications and/or patents.
- Experience with audio system design including silicon through user experience.
Back to top