Applied Research Scientist, Speech Recognition Language Modeling
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Speech Recognition Research Scientist to join our research team in Menlo Park. The ideal candidate will have research experience developing speech recognition systems in different languages. Individuals in this role should be experts in language modeling and have experience working on vast quantities of data, advanced recognition systems and perform rigorous performance evaluations. The candidate will help Facebook conduct research that support naturally spoken input in more than 70 languages.
- Create language models from large corpora of text data in different languages using Hadoop/Hive
- Work closely with other speech recognition experts and researchers on implementing algorithms that power user and developer-facing products
- Be responsible for measuring and optimizing the quality of your algorithms
- Strong desire to build beautiful, expressive products that delight users in any language
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Speech/Language Processing or Machine Learning
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or Mapreduce/Sawzall/Bigtable a plus
- Fluency in at least 2 natural languages is a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top