Applied Research Scientist, Speech Recognition Acoustic Modeling
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking Speech Recognition Research Scientist to join our Speech Team in Menlo Park. We are looking for experienced applied researchers in machine learning and AI with strong software engineering skills. The Speech Team is part of the Applied Machine Learning's organization. The team carries out applied research in the Audio and Speech areas. The team has launched video captioning for Facebook's video products including Ads and Instagram and continues to evolve and optimize its ML / AI algorithms for speech recognition and video understanding offerings for rest of Facebook. The ideal candidate will have research experience developing speech recognition systems in different languages. Individuals in this role should be experts in acoustic modeling, including discriminative training, neural networks, and machine learning, and have experience working on large quantities of data. The candidate will help Facebook conduct research that support naturally spoken input in more than 70 languages.
- Optimizing acoustic model training procedures especially discriminative training for using large amounts of audio data in different languages
- Work closely with other speech recognition experts and researchers on implementing algorithms that power user and developer-facing products
- Be responsible for measuring and optimizing the quality of your algorithms
- Build integrated speech recognition systems and perform evaluations
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Speech Recognition or Machine Learning
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or Mapreduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Fluency in at least 2 natural languages
Back to top