Applied Research Scientist (Mobile Vision)
- Zurich, Switzerland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is helping people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented and Virtual reality (AR/VR) products. With global departments dedicated to research and development in computer vision, machine learning, haptics, social interaction, and more. Facebook Reality Labs is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. The potential to change the world is immense - and we're just getting started.The Mobile Vision team is seeking world-class computer vision experts to join the team in developing next generation products and platforms doing research and engineering at scale. Our mission is to advance the state-of-the-art in computer vision algorithms for on-device computer vision. In this role, you will be working on efficient deep learning algorithms for computer vision and models which are leveraged by product development teams throughout the Facebook family of applications. Our work is critical to delivering new computer vision based research and applications to our 2 billion+ users. The research topics of interest include, but are not limited to, generative methods (such as GANs, photorealistic rendering), deep learning model optimization (such as pruning, quantization and neural architecture search), semantic understanding (such as object detection and pose estimation, video summarization), 3D geometry understanding (such as deep local features), and human understanding (such as human body pose estimation, action recognition).
- Research and develop novel computer vision algorithms in areas such as generative methods, deep learning model optimization, semantic understanding, 3D geometry understanding, human understanding, and more
- Deliver computer vision research to product with collaboration across Facebook family of applications
- PhD in Computer Vision or related field
- Proven publication track record on deep learning algorithms at top-tier conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ICLR, etc
- Applications and resumes to be submitted in English
- 2+ years of industry experience working on projects in areas such as: generative methods, deep learning model optimization, semantic understanding, 3D geometry understanding, human understanding
- Research and experience with deep learning model optimization, such as pruning, quantization and neural architecture search
Back to top