Applied Research Scientist, Computer Vision & Machine Learning (XR People)
- Zurich, Switzerland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented and Virtual reality (AR/VR) products. With global departments dedicated to research and development in computer vision, machine learning, haptics, social interaction, and more, Facebook Reality Labs is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. The potential to change the world is immense - and we're just getting started.Our XR People organization in Zurich is focused on research and development of machine perception technologies from early concepts to production level across all of Facebook Reality Labs' products and surfaces including Oculus products and Family of Apps (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp). We develop core capabilities across a range of product domains including Avatars, AR/VR remote presence / calling, AR Commerce, AR Sharing, and more.In this role, you will be researching and developing state of the art computer vision and machine learning technologies for solving challenges that bridge virtual and real worlds and can impact billions of people. You will be setting technical direction for the projects you work on and will have opportunities to collaborate with other researchers, engineers and product teams. There are lots of exciting and challenging unsolved problems in computer vision and machine learning for Facebook Reality Labs. It is early days and we're looking for you to usher in the next era of human - human and human - computer interaction by solving these problems together with us.
- Lead the design and development of novel computer vision and machine learning algorithms in areas such as segmentation, face tracking, body tracking, key point estimation, depth sensing, generative approaches such as GANs, 3D stereo and volumetric reconstruction, avatars, and virtual try-ons
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and research teams in computer vision, machine learning, and graphics to enable next-generation AR/VR products based on cutting edge research
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field
- Research concentration in areas such as object detection, segmentation, and tracking 2D and 3D key point / pose estimation and surface reconstruction, depth estimation, generative methods such as GANs, photorealistic rendering
- Publication track record in top-tier conferences such as CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, ICML, etc
- 3+ years of industry experience in areas such as object detection, segmentation, and tracking 2D and 3D key point / pose estimation and surface reconstruction, depth estimation, generative methods such as GANs, photorealistic rendering
- 3+ years of industry experience with deploying research ideas to production with deep neural networks (convolutional, recurrent, GANs) on large scale data
- Experience with optimizing model architectures and algorithms for CPU/GPU, mobile, and other types of specialized hardware
Back to top