Applied Research Scientist, Computer Vision
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are seeking world-class computer vision experts to join our teams in developing next generation products and platforms doing research and engineering at scale. We’re applying cutting-edge computer vision algorithms to a wide range of media understanding challenges at Facebook.
- Develop novel and accurate computer vision algorithms and systems, leveraging deep learning and machine learning on big data resources.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed systems.
- Collaborate with team members from the level of prototyping to the level of production.
- 5+ years of experience in building, leading and specializing in large-scale commercial computer vision projects from the level of researching a prototype to the level of production.
- C/C++ rapid programming in an expert level on linux os.
- Experienced with training deep neural networks, prototyping in scripting languages like MATLAB, python, math performance libs (e.g. IPP, MKL), CPU optimization methods (e.g. assembly SIMD instructions)
- Experience with developing on mobile/embedded platforms, e.g. Android NDK, armv7 NEON, is a plus.
- PhD/MS with relevant experience in Computer Science with published projects in the fields of machine learning, deep learning and/or computer vision.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top