Applied Research Scientist, Augmented Reality
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Augmented Reality Specialist to join our Augmented Reality Tech Team in Menlo Park. We are looking for someone who is excited to ship real products to our billions of users with camera phones. You should have experience in mobile development, computer vision, and graphics, with strong software engineering skills. The Augmented Reality Tech Team is part of the Applied Machine Learning organization, and is building new products for our camera platform. The team has shipped Augmented Reality effects into the Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram apps, including style transfer, sticker pinning, world effects, and face modification. The ideal candidate will have practical experience in mobile Augmented Reality systems, and enjoy working with a team of engineers, product designers, researchers, and artists.
- Creating new types of Augmented Reality effects for mobile devices
- Work closely with other Augmented Reality experts, including designers and artists, to create performant, powerful and engaging products
- Be responsible for measuring and optimizing the quality of your algorithms
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Graphics, or Machine Learning
- Experience in Mobile development
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience with Deep Learning, especially Caffe.
- Experience with Structure from Motion techniques, especially SLAM.
- Experience shipping a major mobile app.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top