Application Security Manager
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Application Security team is responsible for the code level security of Facebook. We perform this mission via finding, fixing and preventing security flaws across the Facebook family of products, including Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus. To achieve this we build tools and run the programs that eliminate security bugs in code. Beyond simply pointing out issues, we solve problems through close partnership with product teams and our secure framework and security analysis teams.We are looking for a leader with strong leadership skills, a background in product/application security, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Support a team of highly capable engineers that help product and infrastructure keep their code free from security bugs
- Build the team through personal growth and recruitment
- Develop a roadmap for future work, track progress against it, and evaluate the team's performance
- Partner with engineering leaders across the company to help them prioritize security issues in their products and balance business goals
- 5+ years of work experience in software or security engineering
- 2+ years of people management
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- Technical security experience across web applications, mobile applications or native (cpp/Java) applications
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders and business leaders
- Basic coding knowledge in at least one language (even if it is not one that Facebook uses)
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Technical experience with static analysis or bug bounty programs.
Back to top