Application Security Manager
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s growing Product Security Assessments and Analysis team in London is seeking a manager. The team is focused on discovering potential weaknesses and design practical solutions to eliminate those weaknesses. The team provides engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions. Over 1.7B+ people rely on our services as part of their daily lives. Whether they be family, friends or someone we’ve never met, they trust our products to be secure. Your work and expertise in building and leading this team will have an immediate global impact in upholding that promise.
Facebook has rapidly expanded our core product focus into virtual reality, global internet connectivity, commerce and beyond. We are looking for a strong security engineering manager to lead our product security assessments and analysis team in London. Responsible for ensuring the security posture of Facebook’s broad set of products, you will lead a growing team of engineers, who work at the intersection of rapid innovation and secure software.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Medical Benefits Dental Benefits Vision Benefits Pension Benefits Life Assurance Childcare Benefits Gym BenefitsTransport benefitsLaundry Benefit
Opening: February 16th 2017
Closing: March 16th 2017
- The manager of the PSAA team in London will be responsible to:Build, staff and manage a world-class product security engineering team. Motivate the team and partners across engineering through outstanding leadership and deep knowledge of the software security domain
- Have passion for real security and be able to positively spread this enthusiasm to partner teams. Check-the-box and compliance driven candidates are not a fit at Facebook
- Identify growth areas for engineers on the team, set clear expectations, and provide frequent feedback while showing care by understanding their experience at Facebook
- Produce meaningful metrics to demonstrate and communicate the current state of the product security program
- Partner with product designers, engineers and executive functions to ensure Facebook’s new products and features are built securely. Influence what Facebook ships to the world to ensure that every product was developed with security in mind and upholds peoples’ trust
- Articulate security requirements clearly and factually. Be able to demonstrate the importance of a requirement via real world examples or data while avoiding theoretical or hypothetical arguments
- Partner with the top external security researchers globally in identifying and fixing security flaws in Facebook products via our WhiteHat program
- Support research for strengthening foundational internet security standards and have a passion for their adoption to up-level the state of security across the global ecosystem
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including hands-on technical management and coding skills, and proven ability to contribute at both strategic and operational levels
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- Must be able to effectively develop and communicate information security strategies and architectures (e.g. solution architecture specifications, long range security strategies). Must be able to translate highly technical concepts into language this is meaningful to many audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders and external security community members and press
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top