Application Security Engineer, Enterprise Engineering
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Enterprise Application Security team is seeking a passionate hacker who derives purpose in life by revealing potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to eliminate those weaknesses. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of over a billion people. You will be relied upon to provide engineering teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident decisions. As an Application Security Engineer, you will conduct security reviews for applications hosted with our Enterprise Engineering team (EE) and ensure that they are operated in a safe manner. Ideal candidate will have a background in threat modeling and pen-testing as well as networking with internal and external partners and keep abreast with development in the industry. Come help us make life hard for the bad guys.
- Conduct regular security assessments pertaining to EE systems.
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies.
- Take a leadership role in driving security and privacy initiatives at EE.
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats.
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats.
- B.S.or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience ensuring security and privacy on the internet.
- Experience with an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.).
- Understanding infrastructure and networking in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of internet security issues.
- Experience contributing to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.).
Back to top