Application Security Engineer
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Product Security team is seeking a passionate hacker who derives purpose in life by revealing potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to eliminate those weaknesses. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of over two billion people. You will be relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions. Come help us make life hard for the bad guys.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Posted: March 21, 2018
Closing date: April 20, 2018
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats
- Conduct regular security assessments and code reviews
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Enthusiasm for the constant fight to ensure security and privacy on the internet
- Expertise with an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and/or mobile security issues
- Excellent communication abilities
- Expertise with cpp
- Contributions to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top