Application Manager, Data Privacy
Facebook helps people connect and share. Over the last decade, our products have transformed the way people communicate with one another. Working at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact on the world. As we work to bring the next five billion people online and into the knowledge economy, we seek talented people to join us in our mission. Facebook's People Core team is responsible for building integrated, scalable, and robust enterprise applications. We are currently looking for an experienced, insightful, forward-thinking Application Manager with a strong background in understanding and applying compliance programs. The individual will have the ability to manage and develop architectural plans to meet privacy challenges across enterprise applications. As a member of the team, you will play a key role in managing security and privacy for people systems such as Workday. This is a full-time position based in our Austin, Texas office.
APPLICATION MANAGER, DATA PRIVACY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the security architecture for our Workday HRMS and oversee the day-to-day application of roles and permissions. Look for opportunities to integrate and apply the same principles to other people systems.
- Serve as the expert on the practical implementation of privacy laws like GDPR and CCPA within ERP systems.
- Respond to annual audit requests and quarterly control reviews regarding security and privacy practices for third-party people applications.
- Develop consistent definitions and make decisions on data privacy classifications of worker data.
- Support and enhance all subject request processes related to worker data.
- Manage the Purge Person configuration and regular purge processes within Workday. Develop, implement, and direct similar processes within other people systems.
- Develop reports and support requests for data from other people systems related to privacy management.
- Serve as a leader for our third-party application data privacy projects and partner with our compliance, legal, and additional engineering teams to enhance and update comprehensive privacy plans.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8+ years experience implementing solutions with ERP software.
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources related domains, (HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting, etc.).
- Experience working independently with a proactive working style.
- Communication skills, experience interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- 2+ years implementing Workday, with demonstrated Workday technical and functional experience.
- 2+ years experience with Workday custom reports and calculated fields.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with stakeholders and users.
- Familiarity with Workday's Purge Person functionality and experience managing data retention limits in the HR domain.
- Experience working on a team with responsibility for maintaining data privacy related to regulations such as GDPR.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top