APAC Space Planner
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Asia Pacific Space Planner reports directly to Global Space Planner, as part of a Planning Global team, their main function will be to plan for headcount growth in the Asia Pac region.
This role will hold responsibility for the APAC region planning and key locations will include (but not exclusive to) Singapore, Hyderabad, Tokyo. The role will perform data extractions and analysis from varying sources, HR Org Tool, Salesforce and our space Archibus, TM1 databases; perform planning analysis for varying audiences such as the Facilities Management (FM) lead, APAC Regional Lead, and/ or key customers such as Global Marketing Solutions (GMS) and Engineering (ENG) leads.
The candidate will work on multiple scenario planning in excel as well as automated (Tactical Scenario Tool and TM1 Long Range Planning Tool) for restacks across our region. The role will have a very strong customer engagement aspect. As our customers are our strongest source of data and businesses often redefined their requirements, which have immediate space implications for the space planner. The role will involve intensive negotiation skills between customers, and very resilient personality.
- The role will have to liaison with the Global Space Planner for overall information and play an advisory role to the 'Space Captains' (at site levels). They will hold the responsibility for the detail of headcount versus desks allocations on agreed restacks, and coordinate within the FM organisation with agreed stacks for flawless moves and space execution. They will have to work seamlessly with Space Captains at various sites and understand the implications within FM and moves services. Space Planner performs detailed analysis and refreshes monthly, quarterly cadence. Generate and manage headcount forecasts with extreme accuracy.
- Work with our key stakeholders GMS and ENG leads, EA's to capture the headcount change/additions, and how they affect existing allocations and communicate this information to the Global Space Planner. Facilitate the constant communication of variable headcount.
- Ability to support the Head of Real Estate in impromptu analysis (special requests) of GMS/ Mission Control data updates, develop templates for global planning
- Be able to respond to impromptu projects such as Community Operations increased headcount, coordinate with multiple service streams to influence a FM/IT/Security/Catering implications
- Be prepared to lead and/or support Planner Network Meetings, participate in Space Planner Coalition and provide suggestions for global solves
- Understand unique Facebook-isms: specialty functions such as Bootcamp, HR Peeps/ Intern and Partner's Centre and understand their space implications
- Communicate clearly and professionally with business stakeholders handle general internal queries, clarify concerns and identify solutions.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in regards to all discussed space plans and real estate dealings.
- Prepare for/attend stakeholder meetings and compile specific and accurate notes.
- Act collaboratively to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and service orientation.
- Unique appetite to push envelope on global data solutions, continually seeking to improve planning processes, challenging the status quo
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under fast paced environment and demanding situations
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision, with confidence
- Ability to present complex plans and strategies, to various levels in the organization with confidence
- Proficient in MS Office, and possess excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel essential, pivots, macros, database analytics
- Essential Archibus database knowledge, Scenario Planning tools (Archibus and TM1) or similar Facilities Management Software
- Ability to read and analyse floor plans/drawings/Archibus ) or similar facilities Management Software
- Key understanding of our building environments
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced, multi-national environment an asset
- There will be regional travel within the APAC Region in support of Global Space Planner remit
- Minimum of 10+ years in related space planning lead role,
- Interior design background an asset, change management background a strong asset
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility in relation time zone work, and adjust work hours accordingly
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top