APAC Payroll Specialist
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The People Operations team is looking for an APAC Payroll Specialist. This position requires knowledge of local pay regulations across the region, strong analytical skills, people skills, vendor management and the desire to drive improvements and continuously simplify processes. This role will partner closely with Recruiting, Finance, vendors and the HR Technology team, to lead improvements and act as a key stakeholder in leading regional payroll processes.
- Prepare individual country payroll inputs collating various internal sources of information
- Ensure all leavers are compliant with local tax regulations and the timely necessary exit filings are made with local tax authorities
- Partner closely with the people operations team
- Immigrations: to ensure that all employees on payroll are locally compliant before their payroll is started
- Benefits: to ensure that all FB funded benefits are treated accurately via payroll
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders like Recruitment, HRBPs, Finance and Comp & Benefits
- To keep the teams compliant and aware of the changes in local country specific regulations
- Partner on specific projects for process improvements
- Manage employee payroll related queries and proactive communication of changing local and social insurance regulations
- Vendor Management
- Partner closely with vendors on local regulations around payroll, equity, taxes and social insurance
- Manage vendor relationships across the region
- Partner effectually with Finance on monthly payroll
- Perform control checks for SOX / Headcount report and timely completion of information for ongoing Internal and External audits
- Providing information and employee payroll related statistics for local wage surveys
- Improve processes and drive requirements for additional improvements to eliminate manual processes which might also involve partnering with other regions across Facebook offices
- Provide support and handle escalations in a timely manner, managing internal and external stakeholders effectively in the process
- Partner with HR Technology team as a virtual team member providing input on workflows, audits, reporting, special requests, and new requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in either HR, Finance or Accounting.
- APAC Payroll experience and familiarity and working knowledge of pension schemes, taxation and legislation surrounding payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Ability to collaborate effectively across the organization and particularly strong in the ability to impact and influence partners/vendors to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and discreetly with extremely confidential information.
- Excellent control, analytical and problem solving abilities. Strong hold over data and its analysis
- Strong project management skills to lead process improvements to make an impact and deliver work on time.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) (Excel ability to create macros, pivot tables, vlookups, analytical capabilities and work books).
- Excellent communication skills, customer service orientation and cross group collaboration skills required
- Ability to effectively influence, communicate, and present at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity at all times
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to be the driving force behind the completion of multiple projects.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top