APAC Demand Planning Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Reality Labs is developing the future of augmented and virtual reality, bringing products to consumers that transform entertainment and social experiences. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Facebook Reality Labs is seeking an experienced, highly quantitative, driven and creative Demand Planning Analyst to focus on Facebook Reality Labs hardware demand forecasting and strategic planning. This position is full-time and based in Tokyo.
- This position will require cross-functional coordination across several groups, with an emphasis on partnering with Sales Account managers, Finance, Marketing, Operations and BD. The successful candidate will combine strategic planning and decision making with deep data analytics and insights.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook Reality Labs and consumer hardware, have a demonstrated interest in data and technology, work well independently, and be highly analytical.
- This role will challenge the candidate to understand and impact many facets of hardware business strategy, including sales planning, financial forecasting, strategic pricing, trade marketing, sales analytics and supply chain analytics.
- B.S. or M.S. in business-related or quantitative field (Economics, Finance, Math, Engineering, or similar discipline)
- 2+ years of experience of hardware products (including accessories) demand forecasting
- 5+ years of experience in business strategy, finance, analytics or sales planning experience with Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with internal and/or third-party forecasting tools
- Advanced Excel user and knowledge of SQL/Database
- Knowledge of statistical forecasting methods and forecast accuracy metrics
- Experience shifting priorities, while maintaining organization and control
- Experience problem solving individually and in a group setting and knowledge of financial drivers of the business
- Experience in strategic planning in tech company, investment banking or strategy consulting with a focus on technology
- Experience in SQL/Tableau/Power BI/visualization tools
- Experience in consumer electronics businesses
- Experience communicating insights gained from data with clarity and impact
Back to top