Anti-Money Laundering Lead - Payments Compliance
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a member of the Facebook Payments Compliance Team, you will be a Lead in the AML Compliance Team. You will be a member of the AML FIU working on investigations to keep our communities safe. You will interact with the AML Manager and other Team Leads to continually help drive process innovation and operational excellence for the AML area. At times, you will work collaboratively with a dynamic group of cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to Legal, Product, Engineering, Finance and Marketing. You may have side projects in addition to investigations to help create innovative scalable AML compliance systems and processes to harness the "transactional" power of Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and other Facebook companies. You will help Facebook Payments ensure that its compliance policies, internal controls and systems help Facebook in its mission to "make the world more open and connected."
Facebook Payments Inc. ("Facebook Payments") is committed to complying with Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing ("AML"/"CTF") obligations imposed by federal, state, foreign, and other applicable laws. These governing laws and regulations may include without limitation the following: the Bank Secrecy Act ("BSA"); the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 ("Patriot Act"); the rules and regulations overseen by the United States Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC"); and other requirements applicable to registered money services businesses ("MSBs"). Facebook Payments maintains a risk-based Policy and Program designed to ensure compliance by Facebook Payments and its affiliates with governing law.
- Promote a "culture of compliance" to ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Ability to apply investigative techniques quickly and apply them to AML reviews for our products which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports as required by law
- Oversee AML Analysts within the Transaction Monitoring workflow, review determinations that are well documented, and provide ongoing quality and performance feedback
- Lead and enable a high-performing team to deliver on operational goals by providing 1:1 support, and enabling deeper, more scalable solutions
- Support AML program requirements related to controlling risk to the company and to our "communities" including operating new internal controls and working with AML systems and processes to mitigate these risks
- Adapt to regulatory changes or emerging industry best practices
- Provide input as a team member to various risk assessments for our AML/CTF Program
- Ensure we are meeting our objectives and key results for the department and help the department achieve its key performance indicators (KPI's)
- From time to time you may be asked to help provide various compliance training on policy and operations training relating to the AML/CTF Program, specifically, AML investigations and SAR filing processes
- May be a team member on a project or operational basis that may include cross-functional teams and/or vendors
- BA/BS in any discipline
- 1+ years experience in a compliance department or other internal control function at a financial services company demonstrating operational experience
- Experience doing investigations, such as employment, fraud or anti-money laundering
- Proven experience working in a team and interacting with other Process Leads
- Track record of building relationships and working collaboratively
- Experience with audits, law enforcement or regulatory exams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top