Animator - Messenger
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an Animator for The Studio, the internal creative services organization that is part of the Global Consumer Marketing team. The Studio is responsible for helping over a billion people understand Facebook's products and services, along with building a strong brand narrative for Facebook and its key products. We design all consumer-facing marketing communications, including product marketing pages, product tours, videos, consumer education and brand awareness campaigns that will run across a variety of different media channels. We build and manage visual systems that support brand consistency across all communication channels.
The Animator within The Studio bring their passion for animation and design to life within our product.
- Partner with product and creative teams to bring movement and delight through deep UI/UX explorations.
- Handle studio production requests for ad hoc shoots, editorial and voice over needs in order to create vision pieces for our team.
- Works closely with product teams within Facebook, creative teams, designers, engineers and external vendors.
- Ability to articulate the brand needs and specific direction well when working with external vendors and will partner with production to guide projects through to delivery.
- 5+ years of experience as a motion graphic designer
- Demonstrated experience in using Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Understanding of all aspects of production & post production film-making
- Video art direction. Knowledge of camera operation, understanding of lighting techniques and how to implement them, audio capture for voice over work, compositing, motion graphics, film editing, color correction, sound design
- Handle multiple projects at once and has attention to detail
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top