Animator - Cultural Moments
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Cultural Moments is a new team formed to ship best-in-class creative within the Facebook app to celebrate the moments that matter to our community and our brand. We are a multi-disciplinary group of designers, illustrators, researchers, and content strategists who partner closely with engineering, product, and marketing to deliver on our charter. Our work sits at the intersection brand and product and our audience includes the 1.7 billion people around the world who use Facebook every month. We're looking for a passionate, upbeat, and dedicated creative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic atmosphere. Your job will be to generate ideas and add motion and animation to final concepts that will deliver in the News Feed of the Facebook app. This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Execute on adding thoughtful motion and animation to the creative for the Cultural Moments product
- Build captivating design that conveys emotive stories through animations and videos that will grab attention in the newsfeed
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a small team including art directors, illustrators, production artists and paper-cut artists to fully realize final artwork
- Experiment with different creative techniques, tools, and mock up and prototype ideas quickly
- Produce strong conceptual animations (storyboards and final executions) that are engaging, unique, and reflect a cohesive brand aesthetic
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
- 3+ years professional experience with animation and video editing
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work is required to be considered for this role (include link to your reel on resume)
- Experience working on projects such as storyboards, narrative, advertising campaigns, product and branding assignments
- Projects demonstrate experience working in a different styles
- Experience using After Effects, Cinema 4D and Final Cut Pro
- Experience with visual storytelling including editorial illustration
- Experience in film editing
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top