Android Software Frameworks Engineer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses.
The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Software Frameworks developer. The successful candidate will have good understanding of Android internals. The candidate will have good understanding of software development lifecycle and will have strong communication and inter personal skills.
- Work closely with product management, application software engineers and partners to understand requirements and specify interfaces for new software frameworks and enhance existing frameworks.
- Design, develop, and test software frameworks.
- Work with Application and Platform teams to debug functional, performance and stability issues across the stack.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the framework team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with shipping high quality consumer products.
- Experience with Android internals.
- 3+ years of experience in coding in C/C++ and/or Java
- Understanding of Performance tuning in Android/Linux and embedded development constraints.
- Communication and inter-personal skills.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top