Android Software Engineer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. We are looking for an Engineering Lead for developing Android-based applications. The successful candidate will have strong experience developing high-performance applications on Android using Android SDK, and leveraging deep knowledge of Android to bring rich experiences to large user base.This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Work closely with product management and design teams to create innovative applications on Android-based platform
- Develop new applications, design and implement features and functionality
- Focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, high –performance, consumer-facing products
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science and 5+ years in relevant work experience
- 4+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 4+ years building Android applications
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques
- Knowledge of Java and Android internals, such as multi-threading, memory management and caching.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top