Android Software Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Every month, more than 1.57 billion people access Facebook using mobile devices from across the world. The Facebook Mobile team constantly pushes the boundaries of the Facebook Mobile experience, as a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily. We are seeking full-time Android Engineers to join the Mobile team. As a Facebook Mobile Software Engineer, you will specialize in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring the Facebook experience to more than a billion people, anytime and anywhere.
We are looking for someone that has strong experience developing user interfaces for applications on Android using Android SDK. If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Facebook experience for the Android platform
- Prototype new and redesign features
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 5+ years software development experience
- 5+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 5+ years experience building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- 5+ years mobile application development experience (Android, J2ME or Blackberry)
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience in the following technologies:
- - Experience with Java language and frameworks
- - Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- - Experience with caching mechanisms
- Coding experience and experience with Java and Android SDK
- Knowledge on UI design principles and making apps work
Back to top