Android Software Developer (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Create new, awesome features for millions of users
- Write efficient, maintainable code for Android phones
- Own release and QA cycles of your code
- Analyze and optimize UI and backend application code for efficiency and performance.
- Work closely with customer support to fix bugs and improve the user experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience on building high quality UI and working with graphic designers
- Experience with product design and user experience
- Ability to work independently and implement product features from start to finish
- Experience with Java and C++ programming and debugging skills
- Experience designing APIs.
- Working experience with networking and messaging protocols
- Experience developing Android apps
- 5+ years of Android software experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top