Android NDK Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Every month, more than 1.57 billion people access Facebook using mobile devices from across the world. As our mobile user base grows we're looking at ways to scale our engineering teams to continue delivering new and innovative products while still moving fast. We're looking for mobile system engineers who are passionate about working on client infrastructure that powers all of the products we build across Android and iOS. You will get an opportunity to influence the way we build mobile apps at Facebook. In this role, you will build core Android infrastructure in C++, build awesome new tools that will lead to better efficiency and work on complex system investigations throughout our mobile stack.
- Build client side mobile infrastructure in C++
- Debug app wide issues across Java and C++
- Improve app wide performance and efficiency
- Develop tools for debugging, instrumenting and shipping native code on Android
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science
- 2+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 2+ years experience in building infrastructure in C++ using the Android NDK
- 2+ years mobile application development experience (Android or iOS)
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience in the following technologies:
- -Experience with C++ language and related frameworks
- -Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- -Experience debugging system issues across languages
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top