Android Engineer, Oculus
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As a Android engineer at Oculus, you'll be architecting and building the VR experience on Android devices. You'll be leveraging your deep knowledge of Android to bring the Oculus experience to a global, mobile userbase, and to make it easy for content creators to do the same. The ideal candidate will have experience building complex native Android applications and libraries, and experience shipping and supporting both end users and developers.
- Create a thriving Android ecosystem around virtual reality.
- Build and support an excellent development platform for content creators.
- Help drive the feature roadmap of Oculus products on Android.
- Design and implement the Oculus Android platform.
- Optimize the experience across different application types.
- Deliver an SDK to content creators and ensure its usability.
- At least 7 years' software engineering experience in Java, C or C++
- 2+ years of experience working with Android, shipping at least one application/software library
- Experience working with the NDK
- Experience with game engines such as Unity3D or Unreal
- Strong 3D math and 3D graphics (OpenGL, DirectX) experience
- Experience building an SDK
- Deep understanding of managing the tradeoffs between power and performance
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top