Analytics Director, AR\/VR
We're looking for an experienced analytics leader for our AR/VR related products at Facebook. The right person enjoys using data to drive product insights and shape the roadmap, as well as help the team in understanding and measuring product success-not just what, but why. We're looking for someone who has the leadership experience to scale with us as we grow, but also has the ability to roll up their sleeves while the team is small. The perfect candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field, will have experience working with large data stores, as well as will have experience building software. They will be scrappy, results-focused, self-starting, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
ANALYTICS DIRECTOR, AR/VR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products
- Mine massive amounts of data and extract useful product insights
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches
- 5+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal capacity and experience managing managers
- 8+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role in technology, hardware, consulting, investment banking, or product management
- Experience with SQL or other analytic functions and data manipulation in Python or R
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience communicating the results of analysis to influence company and product direction
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Business, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as Python, R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop/Spark)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top