Analyst, Global Vertical Strategy
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced, highly quantitative, driven, process oriented and creative Analyst to join our Global Vertical Strategy team. As a part of Global Business Marketing, the Global Vertical Strategy team's mission is to help position Facebook as a key platform to help grow our partners' businesses. As an Analyst on the Global Vertical Strategy team, you will be an expert in data tools and sources and thrive on solving highly analytical problems and turning data into actionable insights. You will work with a small team on projects commissioned by Global Strategy leads and GMS leadership, working cross-functionally with other teams across Facebook, in the US and abroad. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Gather, and analyze large amounts of data
- Operate in a fast-paced environment
- Structure complex, ambiguous business questions and utilize strong analytical skillset to drive insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. revenue, product, market, industry, user behavior, external customer surveys) to answer key business questions raised by the team
- Analyze trends within countries, verticals, and sub-verticals to identify trends, and potential opportunities
- Creating pipelines and queries in our data warehouse to analyze large sets of internal data
- Develop processes and continuous improvement of core projects through automation and process enhancement
- Identify and scale best practices throughout the Facebook organization
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, business operations in a technology company or investment banking
- Analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrable problem-solving ability with experience providing practical business insights from multiple sources of data
- Experience with data analysis tools and abilities like SQL, Tableau, Excel etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Can communicate concepts and insights to a non-technical audience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top