Analog I/O Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook AR/VR focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state-of-the-art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture to firmware and algorithms.
As an Analog I/O Engineer at Facebook you will work with a world-class group of engineers creating high performance and area/power efficient designs in advanced CMOS process nodes for our next generation, leading-edge AR chips. You will work closely with circuit and physical designers, both inside and outside Facebook; run simulations at multiple abstraction levels; and carefully evaluate floorplans, power networks, and interactions with package/board components. An important focus of this position will be in signal and power integrity for chip-to-chip interfaces, modeling interconnect links, and working closely with third party designers.
- Understand, mitigate, and manage issues of signal and power integrity through circuit simulations, circuit modeling, and use case analysis.
- Where needed, construct block and macro level designs for custom designs (schematics, RTL, models, validation plans). This may involve simulations run in Spice, MATLAB, Spectre, and ADS, including estimated and/or extracted parasitics.
- Work closely with circuit and physical designers to understand floorplan, power distribution, and signal interfaces.
- Ability to develop scripts (Python/Perl) as necessary to improve productivity and reliability.
- Able to complete any assigned circuit design task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- 5+ years of experience as a mixed-signal or analog designer
- Experience with system level considerations for high-speed chip-to-chip interfaces
- Experience with circuit design tools and flows, including circuit simulation (Spice, Spectre, ADS) and modeling (MATLAB)
- Experience on an industrial design for at least one of: (a) high-speed IO RX or TX, (b) PLLs/DLLs/FLLs, or (c) SRAMs
- Experience running reliability (EM/IR) and ERC rule checks and debugging the results
- Masterâ€™s degree in EE or equivalent
- Ph.D. degree in EE or equivalent
- Experience with standard cell layout and memory layout
Back to top