Analog Design Engineer
Facebook AR/VR focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture to firmware and algorithms.
As an Analog IC Designer at Facebook you will work with a world-class group of engineers creating high performance and area/power efficient custom designs in advanced CMOS process nodes for our next generation, leading-edge AR chips. You will work closely with circuit designers and the physical design team to build schematics, run simulations at multiple abstraction levels, and work closely with physical designers, chip floor planners, power network designers, and verification engineers. An important focus will be in low-power display technologies and pixel driver circuits, but you will also spend effort on SRAMs, low-dropout voltage regulators, and interface (IO) circuits.
ANALOG DESIGN ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver block level and macro level designs (schematics, RTL, verification plans, and models) based on circuit specifications and schedule
- Work closely with physical designers to understand macro floorplan, power distribution, and signal interfaces
- Run simulations to verify circuit behavior (including, as needed, Spice, MATLAB, Spectre, ADS) including parasitic effects (estimated or extracted)
- Ability to develop scripts (skill, Python/Perl) as necessary to improve productivity and reliability
- Work with SOC physical design team to understand (and potentially negotiate) physical design constraints such as timing and power
- Participate in process improvements
- Able to complete any assigned circuit design task with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
- 3+ years of experience as a mixed-signal or analog designer
- Experience with circuit design tools and flows, including circuit simulation (Spice, Spectre, ADS) and modeling (MATLAB)
- Experience on an industrial design for at least one of:
- high-speed IO RX or TX
- Experience running reliability (EM/IR) and ERC rule checks and debugging the results
- Master's degree in EE or similar
- Exposure to FinFET transistors and their limitations
- Experience with standard cell layout and memory layout
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top