Americas Workplace Design Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The candidate will be responsible for leading design and standards for the Americas Offices. A successful candidate will have a leadership role on Facebook’s in-house Workplace Design Studio and real estate team reporting to the Global Workplace Design Manager.
- Direct and collaborate with architects, external designers, GC/Construction Project Managers, furniture vendors and internal FB groups to adhere to Global Space Design Guidelines and Global Furniture Guidelines.
- Assist Americas real estate team, in feasibility studies, occupancy planning scenarios, and block and stack plans, determine long-term space demand to adhere with Facebook Workplace Standards and Design.
- Assist Americas real estate team with space programming to successfully consummate lease transactions and M&A real estate.
- Meet with prospective end users and prepare fit-plans and/or space plans based upon tenant’s programming requirements.
- Lead customer user requirements and translate/design and space needs into workplace scenarios.
- Prepare marketing materials including as-built plans, hypothetical space plans and furniture layouts.
- Accurately survey and document existing office suite layout.
- Act as primary contact for all design, workplace standards, design reconfigurations and construction coordination for the furniture in Americas.
- Work strategically with management to ensure that the overall direction of the company is followed and implemented.
- Ergonomics: work with global design team to incorporate global standards.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain dashboard metrics and reports as needed for Americas.
- Analysis of design performance and space related data, ability to perform trending analysis.
- Review construction drawings and design packets for adherence to FB design standards as well as project look & feel.
- Oversee design and furniture scope for new build project sites as well as specialty projects at existing sites from beginning to completion.
- Work closely with facility design team, project architect, project furniture vendor(s) and other internal technical teams to ensure projects are completed on time, within scope and within budget regarding design.
- Manage furniture and misc. vendor(s) delivery/installation timelines and on-site project installations.
- Manage all furniture new builds project budgets.
- Provide reporting, dashboards and metrics.
- Oversee all specialty furniture projects.
- B/A in Architecture or Design
- 15+ years of experience in corporate planning and design
- Experience with CAFM (Archibus) tools as well as Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, execute under deadlines.
- Maintain internal and external relationships.
- Ability to read construction/floor plans & understand dimensioning a site.
- Knowledge of a working construction site and how to integrate deliverables into the overall project timeline.
- Experience with facilities management, hospitality services, physical security, operations, and/or real estate planning.
- Ability to learn on the job to absorb working knowledge of every facet of the FCS (Facilities Culinary Security) team’s services, to better understand and interpret each team’s technical needs.
- Planning skills (information organization, timeline tracking, and communication) across many teams and at all organizational levels.
- Communication skills, including active listening and the ability to drive results through informal authority, serve as a trusted consultant to internal customers, and represent users and customers in every thought and interaction.
- Knowledge of the contract furniture industry.
- Knowledge of commercial interior architectural design.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top