Americas Technical Project Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The AMER Technical Project Manager manages the overall Systems and Physical security design & construction process(es) for all of Facebook's New Construction/retrofits for the America's region.
- Negotiates master agreements & SOWs with Designers, Contractors/Integrators, maintains positive relationships and resolves disputes
- Maintains communication with Design & Build teams, Fac-ops, & Sec-Ops.
- Demonstrates complete understanding and awareness of project(s) design and build schedule & status, and possesses the knowledge/ability to recognize gaps in the project delivery program and take appropriate action to mitigate
- Develops cash flow projections
- Monitors schedule and participates in program schedule meetings
- Demonstrates knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of discipline, construction technology, design, applicable codes, standards, etc., required
- Analyzes and resolves construction process problems and issues and effectively communicates and interfaces with all levels of project team
- Utilizes excellent communications and team skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Work experience in all disciplines of construction (civil, structural, architectural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and security/low voltage)
- Understanding construction documents & schedules
- Capable of preparing cash flow projections
- Capable of preparing monthly cost summary and project financial status
- Ability to prioritize requests and manage project(s) & project teams to meet target delivery dates.
- Able to analyze customer requirements, creating specifications, & input to the process and overall security delivery.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project)
- Knowledge of CAD 2000 or CAD 3-D.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top