Americas Space Planner
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Americas Space Planner reports directly to Global Space Planner, as part of a Planning Global team, their main function will be to plan for headcount growth in the Americas region.This role will hold responsibility for Americas region planning key locations will include (but not exclusive to) New York, Seattle, and Austin, Sao Paolo. The role will perform data extractions and analysis from varying sources, HR Org Tool, Salesforce and our space Archibus, TM1 databases; perform planning analysis for varying audiences such as FM lead, Americas Regional Lead, and/ or key customers such as GMS and ENG leads.The role will have to liaison with the Global Space Planner for overall information and advisory role to the 'Space Captains' (at site levels). They will hold the responsibility for the detail of headcount versus desks allocations on agreed restacks, and coordinate within the FM organisation with agreed stacks for flawless moves and space execution. They will have to work seamlessly with Space Captains at various sites and understand the implications within FM and moves services.The candidate will work on multiple scenario planning in excel as well as automated (Tactical Scenario Tool and TM1 Long Range Planning Tool) for restacks across our region. The role will have a very strong customer engagement aspect. As our customers are our strongest source of data and businesses often redefined their requirements, which have immediate space implications for the space planner. The role will involve intensive negotiation skills between customers, and very resilient personality.
- Space Planner performs detailed analysis and refreshes monthly, quarterly cadence.
- Generate and manage headcount forecasts with extreme accuracy.
- Work with our key stakeholders GMS and ENG leads, EA's to capture the headcount change/additions, and how they affect existing allocations and communicate this information to the Global Space Planner.
- Facilitate the constant communication of variable headcount.
- Ability to support the Head of Real Estate in impromptu analysis (special requests) of GMS/ Mission Control data updates, develop templates for global planning
- Be able to respond to impromptu projects such as CO increased headcount, coordinate with multiple service streams to influence a FM/IT/Security/Catering implications
- Be prepared to lead and/or support Planner Network Meetings, participate in Space Planner Coalition and provide suggestions for global solves
- Communicate with business stakeholders handle general internal queries, clarify concerns and identify solutions.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in regards to all discussed space plans and real estate dealings.
- Prepare for/attend stakeholder meetings and compile specific and accurate notes.
- Act collaboratively to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and service orientation.
- Unique appetite to push envelope on global data solutions, continually seeking to improve planning processes, challenging the status quo
- 13+ years in related space planning lead role, interior design
- Ability to present plans and strategies, to various levels in the organization
- Experience in MS Office
- Experience in Excel essential, pivots, macros, database analytics
- Archibus database knowledge, Scenario Planning tools (Archibus and TM1) or similar Facilities Management Software
- Ability to read and analyze floor plans/drawings/Archibus ) or similar facilities Management Software
- Key understanding of our building environments
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under fast-paced environment and demanding situations
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top