Americas Regional Project Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
This successful candidate will be an integral part of supporting the Facilities team making Facebook the number one place to work globally. They will also help create industry leading workplaces that will promote Facebookâ€™s brand, support Facebookâ€™s sales processes and help attract and retain top industry talent.
Facebook is seeking a highly experienced Regional Project Manager to oversee and work on relocation, expansion and renovation projects in its Americas offices, predominately in the Western United States. Projects will range in size and there could be other assignments depending on volume and workflow. This management position has administrative, operational, financial and management accountability for Facebookâ€™s design and construction management programs in the region. This full-time position will be located in our Menlo Park, CA or Seattle, WA offices and will report to the Americas Region Project Lead, who is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Translate the Facebook culture and values into the workplace and built environment
- Ensure the look and feel of Facebookâ€™s offices are consistent with global standards whilst respecting local culture
- Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the full range of duties related to construction projects in the Americas region
- Initiate and manage the procurement of design, construction and consultantâ€™s services
- Manage the design, engineering and construction team in planning and analysis of conceptual design and preconstruction activities
- Oversee and review the development of architectural and engineering construction drawings and bid documents
- Draft, review, communicate and enforce contractual documents for design and construction professionals
- Meet with architects, engineers, consultants, city officials and contractors, to drive and manage the design, permitting and construction processes. Anticipate potential changes to budget or schedule and provide guidance on the review and analysis of changes when presented
- Review, understand, and manage procedures for handling changes to the contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change orders, substitutions, etc.
- Coordinate and direct resources (internal workstreams, project managers, etc.), as required
- Develop and monitor project budgets and schedules
- Provide analysis of budgets and schedules and their effect on the financial objectives of the project
- Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders and approve and process scheduled progress draw packages for payment
- Manage the project close out process to a successful completion
- Promote the highest level of professionalism and ethics
- Travel to sites within Americas region will be required for this role (30-50%)
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a related field such as Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or Business Management
- 10+ years development and project management experience
- Knowledge of project controls, project management, construction documentation and sequencing
- Working knowledge of alternate materials/construction methods, construction costs, value-engineering techniques and Building/Occupancy laws and lease requirements
- Computer experience, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and web-based project management tools
Back to top