Americas Field Logistics Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced logistics professional for the Infrastructure Business Operations Support (IBOS) team's Americas Field Logistics Leader position. This person will lead and manage logistics operations in support of Facebook infrastructure, including Facebook data centers, warehouses, and distributed, remote locations in North and South America. This position is focused on the effective, timely, and flexible execution of existing processes and will provide clear, timely, and actionable feedback regarding recommended changes or new processes and systems. This person will be responsible for working closely with the regional field leads, data center support teams, and vendor support personnel to deliver consistent and effective logistics operations as measured by appropriate metrics for quality and timeliness. This is a highly visible position that requires understanding of data center logistics processes and systems, financial cost analysis, and experience with data analysis and project management. Person will be responsible for leading, motivating, and developing a team of logistics professionals both at several locations in the field. This position is primarily responsible for executing safe, timely, compliant, effective operations for each of the IBOS stakeholders, but will also work with IBOS Central team on continuous improvement of processes and tools designed to automate and scale those operations. This person will also interact, collaborate and align directions with a broad set of influencers and decision makers across the infrastructure community.
- Execute field logistics operations in support of Facebook Infrastructure and in accordance with agreed upon metrics.
- Lead a widely distributed team of logistics professionals, across three US regions and South America.
- Provide leadership and guidance on inbound, dock-to-stock, pick-and-pack, distribution and outbound flow of assets and consumables to multiple locations.
- Partner with EMEA and APAC operational leaders to develop and support global standardization and priorities.
- Provide ongoing support for Site Operations (servers), Facilities Operations, Edge Network Support (ENS), Global Data Center Cabling (GDCC), and additional data center partners.
- Understand and support financial asset lifecycle processes within a production environment. Additionally, provide timely, effective feedback to enterprise support teams maintaining the tools that support these processes.
- Support Process Integration team to standardize, improve and adopt improved operational and system processes across all IBOS operations.
- Responsible for identifying process gaps, following through with the central support and Process Integration team to raise visibility and develop creative solutions.
- Support warehouse and distribution operations, interacting with vendors, internal partners, and other entities who transact and maintain assets in storage areas.
- Help generate and monitor KPI's measuring the execution of field logistics operations.
- Understand and support all internal and external audit requirements, analyze discrepancies, and help root cause corrective actions.
- 30% travel required.
- 15+ years' experience in logistics operations, with emphasis on warehouse management, material handling, data analytics, and last mile delivery.
- Experience as a manager and leader.
- Experience in as-is/to-be business process mapping, gap analysis, requirements elicitation and data analysis.
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration across multiple teams.
- Experience working independently and manage one's time.
- Experience handling PM responsibilities (prioritization, planning, scheduling, status reporting).
- Bachelor's and graduate degree in Supply Chain or related business field.
- Knowledge with Oracle, SAP or similar inventory management systems.
- Communication, problem solving, and interpersonal experience.
- Knowledge in supply chain process from Procure-to-Pay.
- Customer-service experience.
- Direct data center supply chain experience.
- Experience implementing solutions in highly ambiguous environments.
- Excellent communicator who is able to quickly understand senior leader intent and translate to prioritized and well-executed processes in the field.
Back to top