Americas Distribution Transportation Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Americas Distribution Transportation Analyst to focus on cost and flow optimization of a multi-modal distribution solution. This person will be responsible for working closely with the Americas Distribution Manager and Transportation team to analyze, construct and manage a scalable transportation model to support Facebook and 3PL sites that have significant property receiving, storing, distributing and managing inventory to support our Infrastructure environment. This individual will produce visibility measurements and analytics for the management and optimization of cost-effective, on-time delivery strategies in the widely distributed network of locations that support Facebook operations. These include warehouses, points-of-presence (POPs), and any other 'virtual' locations that handle and manage Facebook material. This position requires a strong transportation, and cost control background, as well as, analytical excellence as it relates to supply chain optimization trends across geographically dispersed locations.
- Collaborate with internal transportation teams and external managed trade partners to help define and support Facebook's growing global distribution business model to ensure scalability and efficiency
- Define transportation lanes and regional freight flow to optimize traffic and ensure seamless material movement in both direct and reverse logistics operations
- Develop an assessment model for brokers, transportation partners and managed trade partners to quickly address exceptions and optimize trade lane management to support projected capacity
- Monitor material movement and carrier performance across the network to mitigate any issues that could impact product movements and on-time delivery performance
- Serve as the transportation lead to the IBOS organization to assist 3PLs, Customs brokers, Freight Forwarders, IOR/EOR partners and internal Trade and Compliance teams to fluidly plan for and move freight in support of projected need dates
- Develop a Transportation Continuity Plan to ensure that regional distribution hubs are poised to replicate inter-regional shipments to cover global demand in the event of demand spikes, regional material shortages or events that interrupt the supply chain (i.e., disaster, labor strikes, capacity shortages, etc.)
- Execute cost/benefit analysis to identify re-engineering opportunities for transportation lanes to improve Incoterm assignment, carrier mapping, and volume management
- Produce monthly reporting scorecards to give visibility to regional transportation performance, on-time delivery and financial run-out
- Manage Transportation Purchase Orders and AP invoice processing to ensure timely payment to 3PLs, Carriers and Managed Trade Partners
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain Management, Business or related field.
- 5+ years related experience in a Supply Chain, Transportation, Distribution role
- Demonstrated skill with business analysis / program management/ collaboration and change management
- Experienced in As-is/to-be Business process mapping, gap analysis, requirements elicitation and data analysis
- Experienced in cross-functional collaboration across multiple teams
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Experienced handling basic PM responsibilities (prioritization, planning, scheduling, status reporting)
- Experienced with Oracle, Excel, Data loaders, WMS and TMS
- Communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-service focused.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top